Posts Tagged ‘John Boehner’
Yes, yes…another day, another incredibly well-executed, painstakingly researched, critically-praised study published that just flies in the face of everything Republicans
blindly promote at the urge of their billionaire overlords believe in.
Ready for the big surprise?
Tax cuts for the rich don’t help the economy. They make the rich richer and promote income inequality.
More non-working Americans will undoubtedly boost this country’s morale, strengthen the economy and return us on the path to fiscal solvency. With fewer people working, they will have more time to buy things…with all the money they…used to have…I mean, with all the unemployment benefits they will collect…which should be cut…okay, I don’t get it.
Following up President Obama’s rollout of his 2012 budget, republicans are proposing HUGE spending cuts for 2011. Weeper of the House John
Boner Boehner (r-OH): “If some of those jobs are lost so be it. We’re broke.” (emphasis added). He, of course, was speculating on the loss of the “200,000 federal jobs” created last year as a result of some $60 billion in cuts republicans are proposing. Of course, he’s inserting a little “big government” propaganda in for his tea party supporters: only 20,000 new federal jobs were created last year (remember, there’s the truth and…the truth: republican-version). Independent analysis revealed that the level of cuts republicans are angling for – mammoth cuts to job training, infrastructure improvements, homeland security, NASA, Head Start, the EPA, energy assistance for the poor, public health protection, scientific research and development, to name just a few (and then there’s the amendments) - could result in the loss of 1 million jobs.
One million jobs. Honestly, what could be better to get America back on track?
Welcome to your Tea Party Nation.
Ahhhhh…just finished basking in the warm glow of the holidays, the exuberance of New Years’ Eve and the (relative) triumphs of the lame duck, post-“shellacking” 111th congressional session – DADT Repeal, 9/11 Responders Health Care Bill, Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty with Russia, Middle Class Tax Cut (oh right, and Uber-rich Folks Tax Cut too). Nice…
But today is a new day. This is the first week of the “new” republican-controlled House of Representatives. Yes, the forces of Mordor have seized control, ushered in by a remarkably forgetful voting population, riding the Tea Party/lunatic fringe wave…and they’ve got a mandate…well, kind of.
So here’s some good times to watch for in 2011:
1. Health Care Reform: Weeper of the House John Boehner’s (r-TX) top priority – deficit reduction. First order of business – repeal health care reform…at cost of $230 billion. Wait for it…”H.R. II – Repealing the Job Killing Health Reform Act”…yeah, that’s the official name…
2. Global Warming: Since incoming chairman, Jim Sensenbrenner (r-WI), voted against the creation of the House Committee on Energy Independence and Global Warming and led a “delegation” of global warming skeptics to climate talks in Kyoto and Copenhagen, the committee was disbanded on the first day of the new session. Second order of business: don’t let the EPA regulate greenhouse gases (and never mind the 2007 Supreme Court decision granting the EPA that authority). So, if you thought we didn’t make much progress in the last two years…you a’int seen nothing yet.
3. Darrell Issa (r-CA): Stay tuned for EVERYTHING-Gate. With the prospects of his chairmanship of the House Oversight Committee looming large in late October, Issa told Rush Limbaugh that Obama is “one of the most corrupt presidents in modern times.” So, get ready for an onslaught of investigations, and hearings…we’re talkingWikiLeaks-Gate, Fannie Mae-Gate (why didn’t Obama blame the poor?), Regulation-Gate (why all the job-killing environmental, health and safety regulations?), Afghanistan-Gate, walking-the-dog-Gate, playing-with-the-kids-Gate, Quitting-Smoking-Gate…
4. Steve King (r-IA): Just wait until this guy gets started. Yes, the new head of the Subcommittee on Immigration, Citizenship, Refugees, Border Security and International Law is a tad on the scary side. Some notable quotes:
- “Every time we give amnesty for an illegal alien, we deport a liberal.”
- We should electrify the border fence because “we do that with livestock all the time”
5. Louis Gohmert (r-TX): New chairman of Subcomittee on Crime Terrorism and Homeland Security. Terror Babies…need I say more?
And that’s just a small taste of what’s to come…oh my, its going to be a fun 2 years!!!
Potential Speaker of the House, John
Boner Boehner (r-OH), assessing the incoming crap crop of freshmen republicans: “Like me, these guys — and women — aren’t professional politicians.” Apparently, 26 years in public office doesn’t make you a professional politician…just a jerk.